Big Island to Oahu – Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor and USS Missouri Day Tour
This fun-filled and educational Big Island to Oahu Day Tour takes guests to the most famous WWII sites in Hawaii! Guests will fly via Polynesian Adventure Tours from Big Island to Oahu. From there, guests will enjoy a guided tour of historical Pearl Harbor. This Pearl Harbor tour continues with full admission and a guided tour aboard the famous USS Missouri. Guests can visit the exact spot of the Japanese surrender aboard the USS Missouri, one of our countries most significant battleships which served from WWII through Desert Storm. Guests will then board the Navy launch for a trip to the famous Arizona Memorial.
This exciting Oahu day trip continues as guest enjoy a narrated driving tour of downtown Honolulu where they will see Iolani Palace, Kawaiahao Church, State Library and Archives, King Kamehameha Statue, Honolulu Hale and the Mission Houses Museum. Also included in the driving portion of this educational Oahu day tour is a scenic drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific, and Courts of the Missing.
Highlights of Big Island to Oahu Day Tour - Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor & USS Missouri:
- Round-trip airfare from Kona to Honolulu
- Honolulu Airport pick-up and transportation to Pearl Harbor
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center
- See artifacts of the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack
- Take the Navy launch to Arizona Memorial
- Tour USS Missouri (admission included)
- Drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific
- While driving through Honolulu’s historic district, view Iolani Palace, Kawaiahao Church, statue of King Kamehameha, Mission Houses Museum
- Lunch at Battleship Missouri's open-air dining area provided by Mo's lunch vendor. Lunch options include Cheeseburger, Grilled Chicken Salad, Veggie Burger and more.
Black Tears of the Arizona
USS Arizona Memorial
View from USS Missouri
- Where and When:
- This tour departs from Kona Airport.
Check in at 5:00 am at the Kona Airport (Hawaiian Airlines counter). Actual time will be confirmed once flights have been secured. Approximate flight times: KOA-HNL 6:15 am - 7:00 am / HNL-KOA 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm.
- The airlines are adding surcharges for some dates that are close to selling out. Please call us at 1-866-482-9775 for availability and to check if there is a surcharge for your travel date.
- Due to stringent airline requirements there is a NO CANCELLATION/NO REFUND policy for this tour. This includes name and date changes.
For all island flights or day trips, the NAME ON TICKET MUST APPEAR AS IT IS ON PICTURE ID (license or passport).
The airline will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid, government-issued ID, does NOT match the name on their E-Ticket.
IF A PASSENGER IS DENIED BOARDING, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
All passengers MUST present government issued photo ID for airline check-in.
International travelers must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Strict security measures are currently being enforced at Pearl Harbor.
No purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, camera bags, fanny packs, luggage or other items that offer concealment are allowed in the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center or on the Memorial.
Strollers with pockets and compartments must be empty before being allowed in the Visitor Center.
Bag storage is available at the entrance to the Visitor Center for a $7 fee per bag fee.
Do not leave valuables on the bus.
The boat launch that brings visitors to the Arizona Memorial may, at a moment's notice, can be canceled due to inclement weather. Guests will spend additional time at the Visitor Center if Arizona Memorial tickets are not available.
- Special Notes:
- Tour does not include Kona airport transfers.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Thursday (closed on Thanksgiving Day, December 7, Christmas and New Year's Day)
- Approx. 14 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Hawaiian Airlines or Island Air