Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
The Arizona Memorial was
closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. This is an ongoing
repair job that currently does not have a scheduled completion date.
During this time, depending on availability and time it may be possible
for the tour to take the navy launch around the harbor without landing
at the Arizona Memorial. When repairs are completed and the Arizona
Memorial is reopened, it will be added back into the tour.
With this Tour of Pearl Harbor presented by Arizona Memorial Tour, you’ll be able to experience World War II from start to finish!
With this Pearl Harbor Tour, you’ll be able to check out the historic USS Arizona Memorial & Visitor Center. Discover the USS Missouri, a historic memorial marking Japan’s signing of the surrender treaty and the conclusion of WWII. The tour concludes at the innovative Pacific Aviation Museum (self guided). See the seaplane hangar that survived the December 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor as well as a genuine Japanese Zero Fighter Plane. History buffs will surely appreciate this Tour of Pearl Harbor!
This Pearl Harbor Tour is an exhilarating engagement with WWII history. As you walk in the exact footsteps of America’s Heroes, you’ll be able to truly experience history. You will be brought from the location of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to the celebrated signing of the Japanese surrender on board the USS Missouri. This is one Oahu tour and Oahu activity that has it all. You will have the chance to view artifacts of the assault at the Visitor Center in Oahu and then board the Navy launch to travel across Pearl Harbor to the historic USS Arizona Memorial. Afterwards, you’ll be given a guided tour aboard one of the globe’s most noteworthy submarines, the USS Bowfin. After your exploration of the submarine, you will be shuttled on to Ford Island, an active Navy base that is under federal protection, and then you will be brought to the Pacific Aviation Museum to see one of Hawaii′s most modern and most electrifying museums (self guided). The new Pacific Aviation Museum will fly you back in time to when young aviation heroes saved our world. Finally, the Tour of Pearl Harbor will conclude on the remarkable decks of the world’s most illustrious battleship: the USS Missouri. This ship served from WWII through Desert Storm. This is the location of the 1945 Japanese submission to the Allies. Through the guided tour, tourists will be traveling in the literal footsteps of General Douglas MacArthur. You will be walking through the experience that who restored peace to the planet and ended the conflict that claimed over 55 million lives. Of all the Oahu Tours available, this one that is offered through Arizona Memorial Tour shouldn’t be missed.
Highlights: WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
- Historical narration delivered by a skilled state-certified tour guide
- View actual artifacts
- See the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center’s vivid attack film
- Board the Navy launch for a ride across Pearl Harbor to the Arizona Memorial (Shuttle operations are subject to the schedule of
the navy launch and may be subject to weather conditions or maintenance
and repair schedules of the navy without notice.)
- Check out the Pacific Aviation Museum (Admission Included)
- See the “Black Tears” of oil that still bubble to the surface from the USS Arizona (not available if shuttle is not running)
- Tour the USS Missouri, commonly referred to as the Mighty MO (Admission and Tour are Included)
- Tour the U.S. Pacific Submarine Memorial and USS Bowfin “Pearl Harbor Avenger” (Admission and Tour are Included)
- Listen to the well-known story regarding the USS Missouri’s serious attack that occurred off the coast of Okinawa in 1945
- Walk the footsteps of General Douglas MacArthur and stand on the Surrender Deck
Gold Option Includes:
- Lunch at the Pacific Aviation Museum Restaurant - Laniakea Café
- Audio tours for the Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri and USS Bowfin
Black Tears of the Arizona
USS Arizona Memorial
View from USS Missouri
- Where and When:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and return provided from most Waikiki hotels.
Pick-ups begin in Waikiki at approximately 7:30 am. Return to Waikiki at approximately 5:00 pm.
- PUT FIRST AND LAST NAMES WHEN ORDERING PLEASE. THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS ACTIVITY. PUT NAMES AS THEY SHOW UP ON YOUR ID PLEASE.
- The U.S. Department of the Interior has declared a "no bags" policy at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and Arizona Memorial.
Visitors may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc.
Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
There is a storage facility for bags at Pearl Harbor National Park available for a nominal fee.
Do not leave any valuables on the bus.
Arizona Memorial closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. If it is still closed by your activity date, there will not be a visit to the Arizona Memorial or viewing of the documentary.
Shuttle Operations to the Arizona Memorial are subject to the Memorial's run time, maintenance, repair schedules and to weather.
- Special Notes:
- Wearing dresses, skirts, and high heels is not recommended. Shirt and shoes are necessary on Memorial. Swimsuits are not allowed.
- Operation Days:
- 7 Hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- A large air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours